by Matt Karr
When we agree in prayer, it has powerful impact. When we gather and agree in prayer, the Lord’s presence is real and His grace is tangible!
On April 14, 2016, Saint Paul's Outreach is gathering anyone who is interested in supporting local outreach and mission to young adults in Kansas City for a City-wide Prayer Breakfast for our young people.
Join SPO Missionaries, many local businesses, hundreds of local people, as well as Archbishop Joseph Naumann, Bishop James Johnston, and Archbishop Emeritus James Keleher to pray as a city for our young people. This is truly a city-wide opportunity to gather and intercede together on behalf of the young adults – our children, grandchildren, relatives, and friends. Come pray with us for “a future full of hope.” (Jer. 29:11-14)
For those of you just being introduced to Saint Paul’s Outreach, we work with young adults and college students in the local area. Our mission is simple, yet profoundly important: connect as many young people as we can, and God’s grace affords, to Jesus in the Catholic Church. Our mission is to work with an age group where over 75% are disconnecting with Christ and the Church. Our work locally includes outreaches at Johnson County Community College, Benedictine College, Donnelly College, Emporia State University, and into all sorts of young adult environments, from Westport to the Power and Light District.
Through Saint Paul’s Outreach, we recruit, train, and financially support Missionaries just out of college to go back onto campuses and to local young adult environments. We have 18 full-time young adult missionaries serving our work in the greater Kansas City area. Generally a young person gets connected because they meet one of missionaries and a relationship begins. Over the course of the past year, we reached over 1,200 young adults in the Kansas City metropolitan area. We are the only Catholic ministry to college students and post-college young adults in the area.
A City-wide Need
- Do you have a son or daughter, a niece or nephew, or perhaps a grandchild who is a young adult? Do you want to make sure there is something for them or those like them to connect with in the Catholic Church?
- Do you wish you had something like Saint Paul’s Outreach to connect to when you were that age? Do you want to ensure they have opportunities that were not afforded to you?
- Are you interested in getting behind a mission to young people that is rooted in the Lord’s mandate to preach the Gospel?
- Are you interested in an effective ministry that is engaged with young adults in the midst of this culture?
- Perhaps you are interested in praying and standing in the gap for the young people of our city.
Wherever you are and on whichever side of the state line you live, I invite you to join us on April 14, 2016 to pray and to intercede for our young people in Kansas City and beyond. Registration will be opening on February 15.
All proceeds from the City Wide Spring Prayer Breakfast benefit the work of the Saint Paul’s Outreach Kansas City Mission Center and local college Chapters.