Vision and Purpose
If Mission Leader Training (MLT) provided the "why" of what you do as Missionaries, then Mission Team Training (MTT) is the "what and how." For these 5 days, you'll be learning and processing everything in the context of your campus team. An exciting addition to this year's MTT, we will have specialized sessions focused on Household Leader Training. As a set-aside time for all Missionary staff to be together, there will be many opportunities for prayer, community building, and fellowship.
- Who: Arizona, Florida, Kansas, and Minnesota (all SPO Mission Leaders, Mission Directors, various staff, and some key student leaders)
- Where: NET Center - West St. Paul, MN
- When: Arrive by 3:00pm on July 31st. Depart (to University of St. Thomas) on August 3rd. You will depart for your Chapter on August 12th.
- Airport: Minneapolis - St. Paul International (MSP)
110 Crusader Avenue West
West St. Paul, MN 55118
- Who: Massachusetts, New Jersey, Ohio, and Texas (all SPO Mission Leaders, Mission Directors, various staff, and some key student leaders)
- Where: Heartland Conference and Retreat Center - Marengo, OH
- When: Arrive by 3:00pm on August 7th. Depart (to Damascus Catholic Youth Camp for SNE) on August 11th. You will depart for your Chapter on August 19th.
- Airport: John Glenn Columbus International (CMH)
Heartland Conference and Retreat Center
3201 County Road 225
Marengo, OH 43334
(click here for map/directions)
Register by july 7th
You MUST register by Friday, July 7th if you plan to attend MTT. If you fail to register yet plan to attend, WE WILL CHARGE YOU THE COST OF YOUR MEALS. Your Airport Ride Request is separate; this registration simply will ensure your spot (bed, food, materials, etc.).
For those who attended MLT in June or MSR in January, we'll just need the basics. NOTE: the emergency contact and insurance information you listed for MLT will be used again. Please update this info if something's changed.
Registration for students is open until Monday, July 17th.
Registration for staff is now closed. If you would like to still register, please contact Lenore Popp (for MTT Minnesota) or Andrea Lopez (for MTT Ohio).
For any new attendees, we'll need your basic info, emergency contact, and insurance information.
Read the travel memo (below) for details on:
- Driving reimbursements
- Flying reimbursements
- Arrival times
- Departure times
Unique travel scenarios: contact Lenore (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have a unique travel scenario or questions.
Airport Ride Request (July 21st)
Booked your flight? If you need a ride from and to the airport, you MUST complete this airport ride request by Friday, July 21st. Give us your flight info (airline, flight numbers, arrival time, etc.), and we'll set you up with a ride.
Note: rides on July 31st and August 7th begin at 11am; you must arrive by 3:00pm. Rides on August 12th and 19th end by 4:00pm. These will be coordinated by the SNE Transportation crew.
*Once you arrive to MTT, you will not return home following SNE. Plan to bring the items you will need to serve for the year (car, clothes, books, etc.). We offer on-site storage during MTT and SNE (indicate on registration).*
MTT is a time of team cultivation, as well as a place to connect with other Missionaries, pray, and experience SPO's unique fellowship. Expect great things, as well as these specifics:
- Fellowship with other Missionaries and staff
- Evening activities and events
- Interactive training sessions
- Daily recreation (frisbee, volleyball, basketball, etc.)
- Personal prayer time
- Corporate prayer and worship
- Confession and daily Mass
- Team cultivation and planning
New to this year's MTT is Household Training! Living and leading Household is a pillar of mission and formation in SPO. Beginning Thursday night, men and women will attend various sessions and experience Household commitments (i.e., morning prayer, meals, etc.) Here, you will learn best practices of Household leading by example. MTT Minnesota will transition to their SNE location Thursday night (University of St. Thomas) to conduct Household Training. MTT Ohio will remain at Heartland Retreat Center for their Household Training and will transition to their SNE location (Damascus Catholic Mission Camp) at the end of MTT on Friday afternoon.
Things to Bring
Apart from the necessities, plan to bring:
- No need to bring sleeping bags! The facilities will provide basic bedding (sheets, blanket, and pillow).
- Smart casual clothes for training (jeans and SPO t-shirts okay); both MTT locations have air conditioning
- Dress clothes (for Sunday Mass and SNE)
- Exercise clothes/shoes (recreation and outdoor fellowship)
- Water bottle
- Prayer materials: Bible, journal, Liturgy of the Hours, Rosary, etc.
- SPO folder for any additional documents
- Snacks are provided, but feel free to bring your own
- Anything you'll need for your year of service!