HOLY WEEK 2018 in ROME
SPO invites you on pilgrimage to the eternal city for Holy Week 2018!
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Fan Into Flame Retreat
- The opportunity to evangelize to tourists and locals
- Awesome photos to show your grandparents
- Italian people
- The best Holy Week experience of your life
- The trip will take place between the dates of March 25th and April 2nd.
- Staff and students will arrive in Rome no later than Sunday, March 25th 12pm.
- The cost of the trip will be $1,500 plus plane tickets. This includes housing, food, travel within the city of Rome and retreat administrative fees. You can fundraise the entirety of your trip, including the cost of flights.
- SUNDAY (3/25): Pilgrims arrive in Rome by 12PM.
- MONDAY(3/26): Private Mass.
- TUESDAY(3/27)-THURSDAY(3/29): Fan Into Flame Retreat (Tuesday evening to Thursday morning)
- HOLY THURSDAY (3/29): Holy Thursday Mass @ The Major Basilica of Saint Paul Outside the Walls
- Following Mass we will partake in the ancient tradition of visiting the Altars of Repose. See this link for more on the tradition: https://zenit.org/articles/holy-thursday-and-the-altars-of-repose/
GOOD FRIDAY(3/30): Good Friday service at Santa Croce in Gerusalemme (RELICS OF TRUE CROSS AND NAILS)
SATURDAY(3/31): Possible Easter Vigil Mass with the Pope & Street Evangelization.
EASTER SUNDAY(4/1): A time of celebration and an opportunity to see Rome (e.g. the Roman Forum, the Colosseum, etc).
MONDAY(4/2): Fly home.